The title says it all. Vanity Fair France tweeted this short but entertaining interview with Gaspard:
L'actrice qui le fait rêver, le rôle qui l'a le plus hanté, sa pire audition… Gaspard Ulliel a répondu à notre interview « Actors studio », à l'occasion de la sortie d' « Eva » de Benoît Jacquot. pic.twitter.com/DfMgNjyYGM
— Vanity Fair France (@VanityFairFR) March 6, 2018
Here is the translation of the questions and a very shortened version of Gaspard’s answers:
- Which actress did you enjoy shooting with the most? – Marion Cotillard […]
- Which actress do you dream of working with? – No, I’m in fact not able to choose one.
- The role that haunted you the most after shooting a film? – Saint Laurent […]
- The role that demanded the biggest physical transformation from you? – Saint Laurent […]
- The greatest challenge you’ve come across during shooting a film? – [He describes a scene from “Tu honoreras ta mère et ta mère” where he had to sing a song in Arabic.]
- Your worst audition? – I was very young, it was for a film I didn’t get chosen for in the end. They told me “I would like you to cry and little by little break out into crazy laughter.”
- Does one have to be a good liar to be a good actor? – It was Cocteau who said “Cinema is a lie that tells the truth.” So in the end the actor is a liar.