I’m thrilled to let you know that Gaspard won the best actor award last night at the Césars for his performance in “Juste la fin du monde”. Unfortunately, he couldn’t attend the event because he is busy shooting “Eva” in the French Alps. Director Xavier Dolan received the prize for Gaspard and read out his speech:
Dolan himself earned the best director and the best editing award for “Juste la fin du monde”. Congratulations to Gaspard, Xavier Dolan, and everyone who was involved in making this film!
“La danseuse” took home the award for best costume design. Gaspard worked on this project as well in a supporting role. Bravo à tous !
This is a little reminder that the 42nd César Awards ceremony will be held on February 24. Since Gaspard has been nominated for his role in “Juste la fin du monde”, it is safe to assume he is going to attend the event. He will be competing against François Cluzet, Pierre Deladonchamps, Nicolas Duvauchelle, Fabrice Luchini, Pierre Niney, and Omar Sy in the best actor category.
“Juste la fin du monde” received 6 César nominations in total:
- Best Actor: Gaspard Ulliel
- Best Supporting Actress: Nathalie Baye
- Best Supporting Actor: Vincent Cassel
- Best Editing: Xavier Dolan
- Best Director: Xavier Dolan
- Best Foreign Film: Xavier Dolan
“La danseuse”, in which Gaspard plays a supporting role, earned 6 nominations as well:
- Best Actress: Soko
- Best supporting actress: Mélanie Thierry
- Most Promising Actress: Lily-Rose Depp
- Best First Feature Film: Stéphanie Di Giusto
- Best Costume Design: Anaïs Romand
- Best Production Design: Carlos Conti
The best of luck to the entire team of “Juste la fin du monde” as well as to the team of “La danseuse”!
P.S. If you don’t live in France but want to watch the award ceremony, you can usually do so on the homepage of Canal+. The show will start at 9pm (CET).